Saturday, December 17, 2011

here goes nothing...

i have been playing with the idea of blogging since july when i experienced an epic break up...i kept on talking myself out of it, but finally, last night, i was watching "bridget jones' diary" and i decided to give it a whirl for these reasons:

1. i like talking. and currently, my life is filled with unbelievable dating drama horror stories...my real life friends may be tired of hearing them, but i am certainly not tired of telling them. if i tell them to my blogging friends, they can just stop reading when i start to bore them.

2. people like watching/reading about/listening to someone else's disasters because it serves a good reminder that their own life isn't as disastrous, relatively speaking. also people generally love watching train wrecks... most of us are wired that way, and the with the number of train wrecks that have happened to me in the last 6 months, i am apt to be writing a future blockbuster...

3. bridget jones did pretty well for herself after publishing a diary filled with her embarrassing dating woes, so maybe it'll end out that way for me....

4. everyone loves to vent. and somehow, posting things online, gives me the sick pleasure of knowing one day, that one of the horrible mean boys i am fixing to write about will stumble across my blog and spend that awkward moment wondering, "oh god! please tell me i am not that smut that she's writing about!"

so here goes nothing, my friends. grab a bowl of popcorn and enjoy my disastrous dating life. hopefully, you are hear to chuckle at my expense, rather than commiserate because your dating life is also this crummy...

1 comment: